All dogs at Joy’s Doggie Bed & Biscuit must meet the following health and safety requirements:
- All dogs must be well-socialized, or in private training. Owners need to certify that their dogs have not harmed or shown any aggressive or threatening behavior toward people or other dogs.
- Dogs must be spayed or neutered by 6 months of age or a daily fee applies. JDBB has the right to refuse ‘intact’ dogs at our discretion. We do not accept dogs that have not been spayed after 7 months.
- Dogs must be 4 months or older to join play groups. (Accommodations can be made for younger pups - daily puppy fees apply.)
- We require proof of current rabies, DHPP (Distemper/Hepatitis/Parainfluenza/Parvovirus) and Bordatella (kennel cough) vaccinations.
- All dogs must be clean and in good health w/the exception of stable, post surgical dogs that are in need of 24-hour human supervision, aka, Personal Pooch Nanny.
- All dogs must be free from any condition which could potentially jeopardize other guests; owners must certify that their dog has not been ill in the past 30 days.
- We recommend all dogs be on a flea treatment program and may require a flea bath upon entry.
- If your dog becomes ill or has diarrhea, they will be ‘privated’ at a $5 daily or $10 nightly private fee for the health and safety of all.
- Please DO NOT BRING YOUR DOG TO DAYCARE if they are not well.
- Collars w/identifying name tag must be worn at check-in.
- All dogs must wear “quick release” collars.
- JDBB dogs must have a completed registration form on file, with medical, contact and behavioral information.
- Services are due at the time of pickup or your dog will board an extra evening or until payment is made in full. $32 boarding rates will apply.
- All dogs must have a complete screening session/evaluation. (Evaluation and initial set up fees apply to all new pack members.)
- Owners are fully responsible for any aggression or injuries they instigate. Also, owners are responsible for vet bills if they injure another dog.
(Note: Dogs although evaluated, can be unpredictable and all dogs will have random time outs to give break time.)
- Dogs can share coughs, sniffles, eye infections and more...just like children’s daycare. JDBB will post any illnesses that exceed 1% of our population and is not responsible for vet bills of this nature. If your dog is ill, we will make accommodations to take him to a local vet or emergency center, if you are unable.
- We reserve to refuse service to anyone, for any reason, at any time.
Evaluations are $15 by appointment weekdays.
Saturday & rush appointments are $25.